Volcanic Explorer Half Day Guided Walk
Volcanic Explorer Half Day Guided Tour with LOTR Highlights
If for whatever reason you are unable to spend the day walking the Tongariro Crossing but want to enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Tongariro National Park then the 4 hour 1/2 day Tongariro Volcanic tour is for you.
We have a menu of smaller walks we can enjoy and once we meet you we will talk about your desires and ability and take you on one two or three of these walks to ensure you get to see and enjoy all you can in the 4 hours. We will talk and show you all things relevant to Tongariro and New Zealand including recent and past eruptions geology flora and fauna discovery and settlement of NZ myths and legends and last but not least Lord of the Rings filming sites included and not included in the trilogy.
Here are some of the most popular Tongariro sites we choose from take you to see in the 4 hours:
Lake Rotopounamu, Taranaki Falls, Silica Rapids, Soda Springs, Pukeonake, Whakapapanui River, Tawhai falls, Meads Wall.
Got any questions? CLICK HERE to contact us.
Guide/s, return transport from the Adrift base, lunch, all equipment required and clothing to supplement that which you don’t have and need up to a $40 free allowance ($10 per item).
Pick up / Drop off
Morning or afternoon tours available. All tours start and finish at the Adrift base.
8:00am -12.30pm or 1:30pm-5:30pm
7:00am-12.30pm or 1:30pm-5:30pm
- All times are approximate
- Summer 1 October - 30 April, Winter 1 May - 30 September
- Pick up and drop off from Adrift base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) is included in the price.
Water, outdoor shoes with grip, walking longs, 2 x warm tops and a raincoat.
How To Make a Booking
Before making a booking, read all the terms & conditions
There are three ways to make a booking. Please choose the option that best suits you.
- Book on-line with the Book-it button shown on each web page. Follow the simple instructions.
- By telephone for personal service. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
- By email. Please email at least 3 days prior to your trip date. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
Clients will need to contact Adrift between 5:30-7:30pm the night prior to the trip departure. Adrift will then advise on weather conditions for the next day and confirm meeting places and times.