Old Coach Road Half Day Guided Mountain Bike
Walking or riding along the historic cobblestone Coach Road through a bush corridor on the slopes of Mount Ruapehu is an exciting adventure, a journey back in time. Magnificent native Rimu trees, native falcons screaming through the air, pigeons flying between the tree tops, the curved steel lattice of the Hapuawhenua Viaduct and of course, the old railway tunnel.
This is a grade 2 cycleway which is appropriate for all including family groups with young children and those of us who are a bit older and don't want any challenges we cant handle.
Guide/s, return transport from the Adrift base, bike, helmet and a refreshment at the end.
Pick up / Drop off
Morning or afternoon tours available. All tours start and finish at the Adrift base.
9:00am -12.30pm or 1:30pm-5:30pm
8:00am-12.30pm or 1:30pm-5:30pm
- All times are approximate
- Summer 1 October - 30 April, Winter 1 May - 30 September
- Pick up and drop off from Adrift base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) is included in the price.
Water (1-2 litres), Personal medications (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, blister protection etc), Sun hat Sunscreen, Sunglasses, backpack per person, trainers, shorts suitable for cycling, 1 warm top layer (wool, merino, thermals, fleece, soft shell etc. are good layers), change of clothes if the weather is wet.
How To Make a Booking
Before making a booking, read all the terms & conditions
There are three ways to make a booking. Please choose the option that best suits you.
- Book on-line with the Book-it button shown on each web page. Follow the simple instructions.
- By telephone for personal service. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
- By email. Please email at least 3 days prior to your trip date. A credit card number will be required to confirm your booking.
Clients will need to contact Adrift between 5:30-7:30pm the night prior to the trip departure. Adrift will then advise on weather conditions for the next day and confirm meeting places and times.